The Partners for the Amazon Platform (PPA) is a collective action platform, led by the private sector, which seeks to build innovative solutions for the development of a sustainable economy and for the conservation of biodiversity, forests and natural resources in the Amazon, as well as as socioeconomic improvement and the quality of life of rural and traditional populations.
PPA is looking for a professional to join the team of its Executive Secretary.
The professional will be responsible for coordinating and leading the secretariat, facilitation and activities of the Thematic Groups (GTs) of the PPA (Entrepreneurship, Bioeconomy, Markets and Territories), based on the articulation with the various partners, members of the PPA, implementers of the projects (social organizations) and socio-environmental programs and eventual service providers.
It will also promote PPA activities and attract new potential investors through relationships with partners already engaged in the network. In addition, it should identify partnership opportunities and encourage the development of new joint projects. In this way, it is charged with facilitating private sector networking by promoting dialogues, exchanges and partnerships.
He should lead the planning and monitoring of activities, reporting, calling online and face-to-face meetings, preparing the agenda and minutes of meetings, in addition to other related activities. The professional will report directly to the PPA Executive Secretary.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Define with the participants of the WGs the frequency and expected dynamics of the meetings;
- Enhance the engagement of member companies in deliberations on strategy, agenda, agenda and format of meetings;
- Define agenda, content and methodology of meetings (online and / or in person);
- Confirm presence with members at meetings (online and / or in person);
- Prepare dynamics, support materials and adequate facilitation for the meetings (through the hiring of consultants / facilitators, partnership with representatives / members willing to contribute, or internal staff);
- Organize logistics (room, internet, coffee break, materials, presentations) of the meetings and, when necessary, transportation and accommodation.
- Conduct and coordinate meetings (host);
- Produce and share minutes of meetings with the respective WGs, highlighting agreed forwarding
- Follow-up on pending issues and forward the actions defined by the members;
- Monitor the engagement of current members in the parameters / tools defined by the PPA team;
- Strategically engage and support the CIAT team of consultants in conducting interviews for PPA's Social Network Analysis (SNA).
- Work on relationships, mobilization and engagement of companies and partners through visits / phone calls / emails, seeking synergies and possible contributions from their agendas with the work plan of the WGs;
- Contact, negotiation and delivery alignment with suppliers;
- Support member companies of the WGs to design project proposals to be submitted for PPA co-financing (issues related to the WGs), ensuring compliance with PPA policies;
- Through the activities developed in each GT, attract new investors (companies and private philanthropic organizations) to become a member of the PPA.
Knowledge and experience
- 05 years in relationship positions with private sector institutions;
- Experience in design, group facilitation and systematization of participatory processes, use of dialogue techniques and tools, etc;
- Previous experience in the execution and / or coordination of socio-environmental projects and / or carried out in the Amazon;
- Previous experience in strategic planning.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written skills;
- Domain of the office package;
- Proven mastery of group facilitation methodologies (online and offline).
Languages: Fluent English, Spanish considered differential.
Work schedule: Availability during business hours, with flexibility for home office to match.
Contracting regime: Legal Entity / International Consulting.
Remuneration: Compatible with the market.
- It will be a differential to have a Postgraduate or Master's Degree.
- It will be a plus to have experience in social participation forums, design of dialogue processes, etc.
- The professional must be available to live in the city of Brasilia for at least 04 months during the first semester of 2021. During the period, there will be an allowance for housing if he does not live in the city;
- The professional must be available to travel periodically (at least, once a month) to work meetings in Brasília and to locations of projects supported by PPA in the Amazon.
Interested parties should send a resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Engagement Manager - First name, last name” of the interested party.
Deadline for sending resumes: 11/23/2020
* PPA reserves the right to confirm or not the performance of these contracts, according to its need or convenience.